Sunday 6 April 2008

So, time to get through all the backlog I've had recently. This could be a long post. Atleast it's filled with witty banter to keep you going until the end!

So, this is my new toy. It's my dad's old camera, a Pentax ME. Apparently it's one of the first cameras to have an automatic shutter speed option and, as such through genius design, has no shutter dial at all. Unfortunately the light meter is also broken, and such the auto setting doesn't work. The only solution I and Random Employee Man at Jessops have been able to figure out is to set the shutter to flash sync and guesstimate my aperture settings, which is fine by me.

The lens also has a a crapload of dust trapped in it. I still love it though.


I've been taking a lot of shots on it recently, loving the ability to focus manually, which my crappy digital bridge camera (CDBC) can't do and being able to capture actual DOF in my photos, which my CDBC can't do either. Unfortunately I have no scanning devices of any description so there's no way for me to upload super exciting test shots that will be no doubt ruined when I try my hand at developing for the first time.

How unfortunate.

Anyway, onto CDBC stuff. Another jazz night with my housemate's girlfriend's band, the New Directions.





I really hate how the decent light falls on creepy troll man in the background. Way to steal the picture's focus.



Took this out of spite of a guy who came in and seemed horrified that I would bring a camera into a public toilet.

It had been a good night so we decided to have a BBQ. Very nice of the fire department guys to join us. They're cool.
That's the 13th car bombing to happen in this area in the space of 2 months. God I love this place.

Okay, skip forward a few days to a climbing social pub crawl.

Pouring beer is a very sensual act


See what I mean?

The evil "if you're taking my picture, I'm going to break you" finger. I smile everytime I see it.

Dragging the shutter = instant cool.




I love this expression

Dirty secrets

Somewhere between the last photo and this one my camera got stolen from me by various drunk people. I take no credit for the next few photos, even if they probably have more artistic merit than my usual stuff.


We stopped by Tescos for some party supplies. All the essentials.

At the party. Apparently someone worked out how to get the flash on.


Hey look: There's my camera!

Passed out and smiling, the best end to any party.

Couple of days later again. The weather was gorgeous and I thought that maybe it was the glorious beginning of summer. Turns out the weather is a lying whore but I made the most of the situation with some highly artistic in original photos.


Because I'm so super cool and ingenious, I took two frames.

Rain makes anything photo-worthy.

And now, a series on student lifestyle:



He loves the work.

Unfortunately, butch security lady does not and threw us out.

So, I made more super personal and involved post-rain photos.

As did this guy, though he had more fans than me.

And that's it for now. Future posts might be a little on the slow side since I'm shooting a lot of film lately. Have a good weekend, and take care.

No comments: